It is hard to believe the school year is winding down, and parents need to make summer plans for the kids. Luckily, Summer Programs from Dothan Leisure Services are opening for registration this Saturday, May 1st!
What to Know
Registration starts at 9 a.m. at the following recreation centers: Walton Park, Westgate, Wiregrass Park, Doug Tew and Andrew Belle. Summer Programs from Dothan Leisure Services offer a range of activities for various ages.
There are swimming lessons, swim team tryouts, movie nights, day camps, fun classes and more! Click here for the complete list of 2021 Summer Programs from Dothan Leisure Services. However, we’ll spotlight a few of our favorites below.
Keep the Kids Busy!
The following summer camps offer multiple weeks of varying activities, meals and even field trips. The day camps are all from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Please note that meals are covered in the registration fees, but field trips may have additional costs for certain camps.
Camp Champion, Walton Park Recreation Center
- What: Designed for children ages 6 to 9, this camp provides a healthy mix of activities and experiences, including field trips! There will be arts and crafts, sports, games, special events, two weeks of swimming lessons and more. Cost is $60 per child for the eight-week session or $30 per child with free/reduced lunch waiver. Field trips are additional.
- Where: 122 Walton Park Drive
- When: June 14th-Aug. 6th
Camp Olympia, Wiregrass Park Recreation Center
- What: Don’t worry older kids! This camp is loaded with things kids ages 10 through 12 will love! Activities will be a cool mix of everything from sports to arts and more! Special events and field trips are also part of the fun. Cost is $60 per child for the eight-week session or $30 per child with free/reduced lunch waiver. Field trips are additional.
- Where: 620 Sixth Ave.
- When: June 14th-Aug. 6th
Camp Choctaw, Westgate Recreation Center
- What: This camp offers four, two-week sessions with multiple activities like the other two camps. Geared for ages 6 through 12, every day will be different! Themed days, fun contests, sports, arts, games and more. Cost is $100 per two-week session or $50 with free/reduced lunch waiver. Field trips included!
- Where: 501 Recreation Road
- When: Session 1: June 14th-25th
Session 2: June 28th-July 9th
Session 3: July 12th-23rd
Session 4: July 26th-Aug. 6th
What about teens?
One unique volunteer opportunity for teenagers ages 13 through 15 is to be a junior camp counselor. Help at one of the day camps from June 14th through Aug. 6th, 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Enjoy all the fun while learning useful skills like teamwork and leadership. Call (334) 615-3711 or email [email protected] for more information.
Specialty Camps and More!
Honestly, there’s so much more on the agenda than day camps! For example, there are summer athletics like softball and soccer. There are specialty camps focused on STEM, Art and Coding.
There will be movie nights and fishing days! Not to mention, Water World opens Saturday, May 1st! There’s no way we could cover it all, so again, click here for the full listing. You can always check the calendar too!
Looks like it’s going to be an action-packed summer! Are you looking for a comfortable place to call home after a busy day? Colony Square is family-friendly and pet-friendly too! Discover more about us and Dothan by reading our blogs!